Wednesday, June 17, 2009

#11 ARED


Ared looks promising. I wonder if it is possible to keep bullets and indents?

Also I wonder how objects made in Ared could be used in a Moodle course (I am a beginner with Moodle. At the moment I am linking word docs as course content).

5 comments:

  1. Can Ared cope with bold and italics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy,
    I'm told that you can get bold and italics in ARED, but don't know how (yet) (I'm also told that a new version of ARED is coming out soon, so perhaps I'll wait a little bit and see if it includes text formatting).
    On the moodle front, you can get flash applications embedded, but it takes a little work. Read through embedding flash or watch this moodle tutorial video to find out how

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy,

    Yes you can do formatting, however it needs to be done in the code of the html pages that ARED exports, other than that it has no formatting tools built in similar to how a blog post has formatting tools.

    There is a slight bug in ARED. It does not handle using multiple media in one product. For example if I wanted to create a decision tree resource I could use a one video, one audio - however could not use more multimedia throughout the resource. Can use many images though (jpeg)
    It is something to do with the updated version of flash player and that is why they are working on another version of ARED.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reason why that these features are not in ARED is to do with a combination of things - the main beeing the stylesheets they use on export of the product and that it was not written into the application program to allow for it. Again you can get around these things by editing the html code of the exported product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jaqson and B-by-Bs. I might wait and see what the next version offers. It would be touch going into the code every time you want a word in italics.

    ReplyDelete